Many individuals wish there was a way to stop signs of age from progressively materializing on their faces. There are countless creams and lotions available on the market that claim to slow the natural aging process. Unfortunately, there is no miracle potion for keeping skin looking young and fresh forever. Dr. Brian P. Maloney, of the Maloney Center for Facial Plastic Surgery, does have a solution. Dr. Maloney performs his Facelift procedure for his cosmetic surgery Atlanta patients, providing results individualized to his patients’ personal goals.
The Face Lift procedure smoothes and tightens the face for a rejuvenated, more youthful, appearance. If you are considering a Face Lift, it is important to have a comprehensive understanding of all pertinent information about the procedure. Dr. Maloney and his caring, helpful team will make sure that you are well-informed before you begin your journey toward a new, improved you. To learn more about Face Lift surgery, contact our Atlanta plastic surgery center today.
Visit our gallery for facelift before and after photos.
About Our Facelift Procedure
The first step in the process involves a personal consultation with Dr. Maloney to discuss what you would like to achieve from the surgery, as well as your medical history. Dr. Maloney will then present a detailed outline of how he will help you achieve your aesthetic goals. You will have the opportunity to ask whatever questions you may have during this meeting as well. Once you feel comfortable and have made the decision to move forward, the surgical procedure goes as follows:
- The patient is given twilight or general anesthesia that allows him or her to sleep comfortably during the procedure.
- Women: An inconspicuous incision is placed in the temple flowing down around the natural curves of the outer and inner ear and the hairline in order to maximize the camouflaging of any post-surgical scar.
- Men: An inconspicuous incision is placed in front of the ear at the point where the beard and non-beard-baring skin meet, at times in the hairline, again maximizing camouflage of any post-surgical scar while maintaining the integrity of the non-bearded and beard-baring skin.
- Dr. Maloney contours and tightens the underlying facial muscles and connective tissues.
- Dr. Maloney may perform facial liposuction where indicated.
- The skin is re-draped, and excess skin is removed.
- The incisions are closed using sutures.
Patients should arrange for someone else to drive them home and help care for them after the surgery. Dr. Maloney provides detailed aftercare instructions that are very important to follow, such as avoiding strenuous activity, applying cold compresses, and keeping the head elevated to minimize swelling. Recovery times vary from patient to patient; however, many are able to return to work after one to two weeks.
Candidates for a Facelift
How do you know whether Face Lift surgery is right for you? The best way to learn whether you are a good candidate for a Face Lift is to meet with Dr. Maloney for a consultation. Ideal candidates generally include men and women with the following characteristics:
- Are in good physical and mental health
- Have realistic expectations about the results they will achieve
- Have moderate to severe lines and wrinkles on the face
- Have sagging, loose facial skin
- Desire to look more youthful
- Can devote the time needed to recover properly
- Are well-informed regarding the procedure
- Have good bone structure and flexible skin
Benefits of a Facelift
The Face Lift procedure has been proven safe and effective, and Dr. Maloney tailors each procedure to the unique needs and goals of the individual patient. Other benefits of Face Lift surgery include the following:
- A younger, more refreshed appearance
- Enhanced self-confidence
- Natural-looking results, thanks to Dr. Maloney’s skill and experience
- Little visible scarring
- Results that can last up to 10 years
Additional Face & Neck Procedures
Schedule a Consultation for Facelift Atlanta
The Maloney Center for Facial Plastic Surgery understands that your face is the first thing people notice about you. Dr. Brian Maloney and his talented team use their experience, compassion, and artistry to provide personalized care and state-of-the-art facial plastic surgery treatments and procedures. To learn more or to schedule your consultation for a facelift in Atlanta and the surrounding areas, contact our office today by calling 770.804.0007 or by visiting our website.