Juvéderm® is an FDA-approved hyaluronic acid product that is manufactured by Allergan® to correct moderate to severe wrinkles and folds, giving many patients a minimally invasive alternative to surgery and more aggressive treatments. Hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in your skin to keep your skin hydrated. Over time, though, your body creates less of this vital substance, and without proper hydration, your skin develops lines and wrinkles.
The Juvéderm® gel contains a numbing agent to help you remain comfortable during the treatment. Dr. Brian Maloney may also use a topical anesthetic to ensure that you are comfortable. Juvéderm® is injected into the skin where you have lines and wrinkles. The injections slowly add volume to the skin, causing the lines and wrinkles to disappear. Juvéderm® treatments typically take about 15 minutes, and there is no downtime. You may experience mild redness, swelling, or bleeding at the injection site, but this should resolve within 24 hours.
PreJuvenation and Facial Fillers
An emerging trend called “PreJuvenation” indicates that young people between the ages of 20 and 30 are using Facial Fillers and Botox® Cosmetic as a preventative measure. Facial muscles that cause wrinkles can be trained to move less early on, thus stopping wrinkles before they start! Early maintenance can eliminate larger, more invasive procedures, and delay the need for cosmetic surgery later. It is important to know that Social Media makes younger patients increasingly aware of their lines and wrinkles, and thanks to celebrities and the internet, they know that there are ways to correct it and maintain their youthful skin.
Types of Juvederm®
- Juvederm® Ultra: Juvéderm® Ultra is used to treat lines and folds that are mild to moderately deep. The hyaluronic acid particle size is smaller than other varieties of Juvéderm® because the area(s) being injected are close to the surface of the skin.
- Juvederm® Ultra Plus: Juvéderm® Ultra Plus fills deep lines and folds and has a larger hyaluronic acid particle size. Injections are placed deeper into the skin to “plump” the affected area(s) allowing for natural looking results.
- Juvederm VOLLURE® XC: Juvederm VOLLURE® XC is made from a uniquely balanced gel to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds in adults over the age of 21.
All fillers contain a small quantity of local anesthetic (lidocaine) to ease discomfort and is branded as Juvéderm® XC.
Candidates for Juvéderm®
Are you interested in how Juvéderm® can help you look younger and feel more confident? The best way to find out if Juvéderm® is right for you is to call our office and schedule a consultation appointment with Dr. Maloney. Dr. Maloney is a national trainer for Allergan® products, so you can feel confident that your cosmetic goals are in the hands of a highly qualified plastic surgeon.
Benefits of Juvéderm®
Juvéderm® is a minimally invasive, long-lasting treatment for moderate to severe wrinkles and folds which:
- Offers immediate improvements
- Safely treats all skin types
- Improvements without looking “overdone”
- Effectively treats signs of aging that traditionally required surgery
Additional Skin Rejuvenation Procedures
The Maloney Center for Facial Plastic Surgery understands that your face is the first thing people notice about you. Dr. Maloney and his staff use their experience, compassion, and artistry to provide personalized care and state-of-the-art facial plastic surgery treatments and procedures to the residents of Atlanta, Sandy Springs, the surrounding communities in Georgia, and patients from around the world for optimal health, aesthetics, and patient satisfaction.