Your facial features are a symphony of balance and proportion. If you feel self-conscious about a lack of symmetry, unimpressive cheekbones, sagging cheeks, small chin, or weak jaw, then Facial Implants can help enhance your facial contour. The result is a more youthful, attractive profile that can boost your self-confidence. You’ll look as great as you feel. Dr. Brian P. Maloney, the founder of The Maloney Center for Facial Plastic Surgery, is a board-certified plastic surgeon who provides excellence in care for facial plastic surgery. Implant procedures include the following:
Candidates for Facial Implant Surgery in Atlanta
- Individuals whose facial bones have reached physical maturity, which generally occurs in late adolescence
- Individuals who are bothered by a small chin, weak jaw or lack of facial contour
- Healthy individuals who have no major medical conditions
- Individuals with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for their facial implant and/or chin surgery.
About the Procedures
Implant Surgery is generally performed on an outpatient basis using local anesthesia at The Maloney Center for Facial Plastic Surgery.
- Cheek Implants: Cheek Implants are inserted beginning with an incision inside the mouth or along the lower eyelid into which the implant is inserted. If another cosmetic procedure is being performed at the same time, such as a Face Lift or Eyelid Surgery, the implants may be inserted through those incisions. Cheek Implant surgery generally takes about an hour.
- Chin Implants: Chin Implants involve inserting the implant into a pocket in front of the jawbone. The incision is made either along the lower lip inside the mouth or just below the chin area. Inserting a Chin Implant can take between 30 minutes to one hour.
- Lower Jaw Implants: Jaw Implants are incorporated through incisions made inside the mouth on either side of the lower lip where the implant is inserted. Jaw Implant surgery takes about one to two hours.
- Cheek Implants: Cheek Implant surgery recovery may include some discomfort and swelling, and possible difficulty moving your mouth and lips for several days. Your stitches will be removed within about a week. Stitches used inside the mouth dissolve on their own.
- Chin Implants: Following Chin Implant Surgery, you may experience some pain, swelling and bruising. Your stitches will be removed within about a week. Stitches used inside the mouth dissolve on their own.
- Jaw Implant Surgery: Recovery from Jaw Implant Surgery involves some swelling, bruising and numbness for several weeks following surgery. You’ll have incisions in your mouth, increasing the risk for infection from the bacteria that normally reside there, so be especially attentive to caring for your mouth (oral hygiene) according to Dr. Maloney’s instructions. During the recovery period, you will need to eat only soft foods and protect your face from bumps and other injuries.